Website design for a retirement home – Villa Cenacolo, Milan
Last updated on
We were asked to re-build a website for a luxury retirement home Villa Cenacolo, in Lombardy, Italy. The original website was in need of modernizing and required better search engine optimization.
Visit the website
How to create a successful retirement home website
Retirement home websites are generally used by elderly people and their close relatives or friends – often an older generation not brought up with the internet. A key to building an effective retirement home website is presenting it in such a way that information can be easily accessed, including prices, telephone numbers and contact forms.
A simple clean design, clear concise communication of information, well structured navigation, highly contrasting colours and larger fonts all help website usability. Contact detail and phone numbers should be easily accessible on every page.
Choosing a suitable retirement home can be a difficult task. Our market research showed that when choosing a retirement home for their relatives, families wanted competent caring staff and a warm friendly atmosphere. As well as showing off the beautiful care home (a stately home in a stunning park), we showcased the friendly, highly competent staff; and tried to communicate the warm, welcoming atmosphere at Villa Cenacolo through the website.
- 100% customized design
- SEO optimized to increase website visitors from the Milan area. VIew our Local SEO Checklist.
- Easy to maintain and update by the staff
- Responsive design for easy navigation on PC, tablet and smartphone.
- Extremely simple and intuitive navigation, large fonts and contrasting colours for easy use by elderly and non internet-savvy users.
- Blog published and maintained by care home staff with latest news, special events, celebrations etc.
- Schema for local business.
Software and technical details
- Website software: Joomla.
- Extensions used: SH404SEF to improve website optimization.
- Programming languages used: PHP, HTML5, CSS3, JQuery.