How to choose a web host
Last updated on
A web hosting is where your website is physically stored. Always let your development team choose the web host for the following reasons:
- They are building the website and know the server requirements.
- They will have a list of reliable hosting companies based on first-hand experience.
- It may work out cheaper as web agencies often have discounts with their preferred web host.
I am rebuilding my site – should I change host?
If you are happy with your existing web host, there is no need to change.
I would only change if your have found a better cheaper option, or your are experiencing problems such as downtime, or your website is running slow.
Hosting companies recommended from personal experience
I have worked with them all at some point in the past and have mainly positive things to say:
- Hosting companies for large high-traffic websites – Inmotion, Hostpoint, Bluehost
- Green hosting companies help you reduce your carbon footprint – Greengeeks.
- Italian hosting companies – OVH are the best large company, alternatively we like and use for our italian website Serverplan – they have excellent support, quick servers and the best hosting panel.
Get an expert opinion
Choosing the right hosting company will ensure your website runs quickly and continuously without downtime.
Our experienced team is here to guide you to the right choices quickly and efficiently so you can get on with running your business.