Should I Use a DIY Website Builder or Hire a Professional
Last updated on
There are lots of free do-it-yourself website builders that allow you to build your own website with little experience. Wix and Weebly are the market leaders in drag drop website design.
Here is how you can decide whether to use a website builder or hire a professional.
Situations when you can use a DIY website builder
- You only need a basic site and do not have marketing or SEO goals to meet. For example, a personal blog, a school project, organising something for your local club.
- You are just getting started, fancy trying your hand at running your own website in the future and want to test the water.
- Your project has a very low budget
Situations when you MUST hire a professional
- If you need a professional company website.
- Projects with marketing goals such as high organic traffic.
- When you want full control over what your website looks like, how it works and what it does.
- If you envisage evolving and developing your website over the years, you should start with a more complete website software or CMS.
A word of warning on drag drop website builders
Website builders are made to look super easy in Youtube videos, but it is never really that easy. If you go the DIY route, many templates rely heavily on stunning photos. So make sure you have lots of great photos and know how to crop them to size.
Realistically, if your project or business requires results, unless you are being trained to learn basic web design, I would always trust your site to professionals who have been doing the job for years.
Still not sure?
Alternatively, let us build a beautiful professional website that will exceed all of your expectations and deliver concrete results.
Contact us for a free consultation and quote for your new website.