We were asked to build a new website for a local catering business Jojo's Cakes, specialising in wedding cakes in Sheffield, UK. Being a local business with a product that is difficult to transport, we had to build a local website that attracted visits from clients in Sheffield and the surrounding area looking for wedding and celebration cakes.
Visit the website
How to create a successful website for a local catering business
To get lots of local visits and dominate catering related search in the Sheffield area we did lots of Local SEO on the website and also ran it through our hugely popular on-page and off-page local SEO checklists.
We also built an easy to use blog into the website that allows Jo to add new cake creations to the website in minutes. There are now over 700 individual blogs on the website, bringing in an enormous amount of catering related traffic from Sheffield and the surrounding area - a superb classic example of how great original content can bring traffic to a website.
- Joomla website for local business
- 100% customized design - we built a colourful, fun catering theme
- SEO optimized to increase website visitors from Sheffield.
- On page local SEO checklist
- Off page local SEO checklist
- An easy to use blog so that Jo can add new cake creations in minutes - she now has over 700 blogs to her hugely successful website!
- Responsive design for easy navigation on PC, tablet and smartphone.
- Organized easy to navigate structure by cake type with clear calls to action.
Software and technical details
- Website software: Joomla.
- Plugins used: K2 for easy blogging, SH404SEF to SEO optimize the website to increase visitors from search.