We were asked to re-build a health products website for Kontak - a European leader in bee products. As well as showcasing their products, the website had to have a commercial and corporate sections and attract a large audience through organic search.
Visit the website
How to create a successful health products website
Structuring the website
The first challenge was restructuring the website. With a large range of products, patents, brands and an international audience that includes private customers, pharmacies, doctors and businesses we were asked to develop a clean organised website structure and navigation.
Getting the look right
A health products website must be geared to the target audience. It is important to strike a balance between alternative health and conventional pharmacy/ medicine that would appeal to your target audience.
Content writing and SEO
Kontak's main products are propolis diffusers, propolis supplements and propolis chewing gums. To drive visitors to the website, we produced an comprehensive SEO optimized information section, including a Complete Guide to Propolis. Our aim was to answer any question a user may have about propolis and bee products. The website is now in number 1 position on Google for a huge number of propolis and bee related queries and website visitor numbers have skyrocketed. Find out more about content writing).
- Multilingual website
- 100% customized design
- SEO optimized to increase website visitors.
- Custom written Microsoft Excel to HTML program to synchronise retail outlets with website.
- Responsive design for easy navigation on PC, tablet and smartphone.
- Comprehensive bee product information section designed for successful website indexing. For more info, see content writing.
Software and technical details
- Website software: Joomla multilingual website.
- Extensions used: K2 for content writing, events and blogging; SH404SEF to improve website optimization; custom written extension to convert Microsoft Excel spreadsheet of retail outlets in to HTML and display on the website.
- Programming languages used: SQL, PHP, HTML5, CSS3, JQuery.