On-page SEO is search engine optimization performed exclusively on the pages of your website and aims to make your website search engine friendly thus bringing more visitors to your website.
How does on-page SEO work?
On-page SEO involves structuring and phrasing your website to communicate clearly to search engines what each page is about and the audience it is targeted at.
This allows search engines to cite your webpages more often and higher up in search results, driving more traffic to your website.
The higher quality your website content, the better the results of On Page SEO.
What does On Page SEO involve?
- Keyword analysis to find popular search terms relevant to your business, products and services. We will also identify new opportunities - keywords that your competitors have not considered, allowing you to dominate a broader range of search results.
- Optimization of each page for 1 keyword or keyphrase. Includes restructuring of website links if necessary, 301 redirects from old links, on-page optimization of meta tags, open graph tags, meta descriptions, canonical tags and title tags.
- Schema Markup to make your website standout in search listings. This can greatly improve your click-through-rate from search rankings and hence website traffic.
- Google Publisher verification to improve your brand visibility online.
- Restructuring of website hierarchy to clarify who you are and what you offer.
- Clean up of duplicate content to avoid penalization from search engines (www / non-www clarification, cleaning of urls, canonical and hreflang language tags, robot.txt, canonical tags, 301 redirects).
- HTML sitemaps to help visitors navigate.
- XML sitemaps submission to help search engines correctly crawl and index your pages.
- We will speed up your website loading time. Faster websites get higher customer conversion, and Page Speed is an important consideration when Google ranks your website in search.
- Mobile friendly websites. Mobile for over half of all internet search - your website must be responsive or have a mobile version if you are to compete.
- As part of our holistic approach to a more Semantic SEO, we will also check and fix any problems encountered in our website health check such as broken links, HTML errors and website bugs all of which can influence your website user friendliness, bounce rate and rankings.
If you have a local business, you can also see our popular on page seo guide for local businesses