Off-page SEO is performed on pages of external websites such as social networks, industry forums, and news sites (usually within your niche market). The aim is to increase the profile, perceived authority and exposure of your website; improve your performance in search and attract more visitors.
How does Off page SEO work?
When ranking your website in search results, search engines take into consideration your website's influence, authority and reach. They do this by looking at which website link to you, social shares mentioning you, as well as the quality and influence of these referring websites. The BBC citing your products as being the best on the market in a feature article would be like living the off-page SEO dream!
Off page SEO aims to build up quality links and referrals from external websites into your website to boost your perceived authority. Search engines respond to this by moving you up in search results and giving your website more exposure. End result - more website visitors.
Your Off Page SEO campaign will produce better results if your website has high quality and unique content.
What does OFF Page SEO involve?
Successful websites now need to build up trust and influence - both of which need to be earned. We will give you some of the best support and advice to help your business achieve this:
- Article writing on industry leading websites.
- Press releases.
- Participation in Answer forums such as Quora and Yahoo Answers.
- Strategic back link building performed in a natural way that adds value. We only add links and citations referring to your website where they are deemed relevant and useful.
- Registration on major location based services such as Google My Business, Bing Places, Yelp, Trip Advisor, etc.
- Social network profile creation and optimization. Content sharing.
- Wikipedia page creation (if suitable).
If you have a local business, you can also see our popular off page seo guide for local businesses.
What are the benefits of off page SEO?
Off page SEO will increase the number of visitors to your website. This happens for a number of reasons:
- More websites linking to your website, search engines view your site as more important, so rank you higher up.
- More high traffic websites linking in to your website, means more people clicking through to your website (referral traffic).
- More social network shares further increases your traffic from social.
Can any website benefit from Off Page SEO?
Before beginning Off Page SEO, we will first make a quality assessment of your website content. Without interesting and unique information on your website, other websites have no reason to link to you, making your off page work infinitely more difficult.
How often should we do off-page?
Off page if more effective when done at regular intervals such as daily, weekly or monthly. The regularity will depend on the size of your company, investment and the size of your competition.
Can off page SEO work for a person?
Yes. The principal is the same - you can build your own personal influence online.
Who benefits most Off Page SEO
Businesses with great content to share can benefit the most. If you content is original, unique, innovative, interesting or stands out in any way, then you stand to gain the most from getting the word out with off page SEO.
Off page SEO errors to avoid
The following techniques are outdated and spammy - avoid link farming, blogging on irrelevant sites, copying from other websites, creating low quality content for the sake of it.