If your website has more than one language and you want to get more visitors from abroad, then you need a multilingual SEO specialist. Multilingual SEO will help your business grow in international markets.
We are a multilingual web agency with a vast experience in multilingual websites gained from our international portfolio.
What is multilingual SEO?
This involves optimizing a website to rank well in search engine listings for more than one language and often in more than one country or market. It requires mother tongue speakers and knowledge of the target market and local culture.
What are the benefits of multilingual SEO?
Multilingual SEO is essential for any business looking to grow their client base in international markets.
What does multilingual SEO involve?
Multilingual SEO involves most aspects of conventional website optimization plus:
- Advice and implementation of the best website(s) structure for your business. Best practice solutions to difficult topics such as multiple domains, country-level domains, sub-domains.
- Country and language-specific keyword analysis to highlight the most popular search terms in each market.
- High class translations written by mother-tongue SEOs specifically for your target language and market.
- SEO techniques specific to cross border marketing - sitemaps to reflect your international website structure; canonical and hreflang tags to void duplicate content; we even pay close attention to lesser known country-specific language tags (such as en-GB and en-US to target the UK or the USA) to ensure we leave no stone unturned.
Translating a website with Google translator will not achieve success abroad, as the translation is not search friendly, and will lack the marketing strategy and subtlety of a well crafted international SEO program.
Are you experienced in multi language websites?
Yes. Most of the websites in our portfolio are multilingual. We work mainly on English, French, Italian, German and Spanish language sites.
International SEO - do I need to consider search engines other than Google?
Yes. Businesses in the Riviera often want to target the Russian market, for which Yandex is the main search engine. Similarly, Baidu is the preferred choice of the Chinese.
Should I go multilingual and add a second language to my website?
You have gone to the time and effort to produce a great website take a little more time to open your business to another market can be a great idea, though it is not to be taken lightly. Running a multi language website can be time consuming and requires local knowledge of your target markets.
Should I have a website for each country or just one big website?
It depends on your situation. Large multinational companies with local teams of people in each country tend to have a website for each country with its own country specific domain (co.uk, .fr, .it or .de etc.). Smaller companies will struggle to find the resources to manage so many websites and tend to opt for one big website (usually a .com). Contact us for advice.
French Riviera businesses that can really benefit from multilingual SEO
Our experience and expertise is suited to businesses in the following industries:
- Yachting Companies offering yacht charters, sales and brokerage wishing to appeal to lucrative markets.
- Real estate companies selling villas abroad.
- Hotel, luxury spa and tourism businesses looking to bring in more clientele.