We use Local Business SEO to help websites climb naturally to the top of search engine rankings such as Google, Bing and Yandex. From a business point of view, website optimization is hugely popular as it can greatly improve website visitors and ultimately be used to grow your client base.
What is a Local Business?
A local business is company providing goods or services to their own town and the surrounding area. The business will usually have a physical address where customers visit. For example law firms, doctors, real estate companies, car dealerships, restaurants, builders, electricians and plumbers.
What is a Local SEO?
When your typical client searches for you, they most likely add your city name onto the search e.g. "Real Estate Monaco" and they expect to find results geographically nearby or within a certain radius of their current location.
Local SEO is optimizing a website so that it performs well in such "local searches".
What are the aspects of Local SEO?
- Inclusion of your town in page titles and meta descriptions.
- Inclusion of your full address and local telephone number on your website, Google Map and driving instructions.
- Schema Markup to highlight your address to search engines.
- Keyword analysis to highlight the most popular search terms relevant to business in your area.
- Geo-localization meta tags.
- Optimization of your Social network pages to account for your physical address.
- A NAP consistency check (Name, Address, Phone number) across the web. The easiest way confuse search engines regarding your location is if two websites show different addresses. This can happen if your business changed location in the past.
- Registration on geo-localization websites such as Google My Business, Bing Places, Yelp, Hotfrog, Foursquare and Trip Adviser.
- Location specific content writing.
- We'll also pass your website through our website health check to check for things like broken links.
Over 50% of local search come from people on mobile devices. A mobile friendly website is essential for any local business.
What are the main advantages of Local SEO?
Your website will get lots of visits from people either in your town and surrounding area; or who search specifically for a business in your area, for example "Real estate agency in Cap Ferrat".
I have a local business website. How can I tell if it is optimized?
Either contact us for advice, or use our hugely popular SEO checklist for local business.
How can I find out about websites for local business?
Our section dedicated to websites for local businesses is packed with useful information.
I have a business website, can I do some optimization by myself?
Local SEO is pretty logical and intuitive. Some of the on-page optimization is best left to an experienced webmaster, but there are some aspects that you can certainly have a go at. We have produced two extremely popular local SEO guides that will help you:
- ON-page Local SEO checklist (more aimed at web agencies)
- OFF-page Local SEO checklist (non-experienced can have a go some of this).
How can I find out more about SEO?
Here is a business owners guide to SEO.