A website can take anything from 1 day to several months or even years to build. The internet is one of the most rapidly changing industries in the world - consequently large websites such as the BBC, Ebay, and Facebook are a continual work in progress - constantly changing to keep ahead of competition.
Time taken to build the most basic website
Considering you have your company name, logo, website content and images ready; an experienced web developer can create a basic static website with a pre-installed template design in 2 days. However, if you are a commercial business, we you will need far more than this to achieve your online goals, such as market share and visitor numbers.
Customisations add to the time taken to produce a website
- Number of pages - a website can have anything from 1 to hundreds of thousands of pages, which are directly proportional to the time taken.
- The type of website. Some of the more complex websites we have built are eCommerce (customers can pay for goods on the website), Marketplaces (a multi-store eCommerce), auction websites and social networks. All which require lots of time and skill to build and customize.
- Customizations and complexity of the design again will add to the time frame.
- Personalized featured such as customized contact forms, slideshows/ presentations, product photography etc.
- Quality content writing is essential to bring in large numbers of visitors, but there are no shortcuts - this will take time, but be SO worthwhile in the long run.
- If you intend to write blog articles and add images to your website, you will also need to factor in training.